Opened 21 months ago
Map Editor: Switch back to Selection tool after "Create new XY" tool?
|Reported by:||Carsten||Owned by:|
When the user has used one of the tools in the Map Editor to create a new object, should we switch back to the Selection tool after the creation has successfully completed, or keep the "New XY" tool active?
- It would be possible to make the behavior configurable by the user.
- A completely different means to create new objects might be an alternative, e.g. "drag from a toolbar or prefabs bar and drop into a map view to create a new object".
- Elegant, because it eliminates the "New XY" tool completely.
- But how does an elegant implementation (of the user interface) look like?
- How can the user configure the newly created object, e.g. set the number of sides of a pyramid? (Probably same as now: Have a spin control in the toolbar next to the icon...)